Standard Operating Procedures
– A 30-minute gap will be left between patients to ensure no patient crossover.
– All contact surfaces including doorbell, door handles, treatment couch, seating, reflex hammer, card machine etc. will be cleaned with Clinell wipes and/or disinfectant spray and disposable paper towel. This will include the toilet facilities if they have been used by a patient.
– The therapist will wash their hands as per NHS guidelines before and after each patient.
– Where possible, windows and doors will be opened to increase ventilation.
– The toilet will only be used if absolutely necessary.
– Toilet facilities, including door handles will be cleaned between appointments if they have been used by a patient.
– There is signage in place to educate on proper hand washing technique, located next to the sink.
– Paper hand towels are provided for patients to dry their hands and these should be disposed of in the bin provided.
– The therapist will wear a set of scrubs which will be removed before leaving the clinic and washed every evening. During each appointment they will be wearing a face mask, apron, gloves and a face shield during each consultation. These will be cleaned / disposed of after each appointment as appropriate with the government guidance.
– The patient will be asked to bring a facemask to wear during the session. (single use ones will be provided at and extra cost of £1, if the patient does not have one
– MSK Physiotherapy is deemed as non-aerosol generating, therefore, the use of FFP3 masks and full-length gowns is not indicated.
– PPE will be disposed of appropriately by Physio Focus Swinton
– Reception staff will be wearing a facemask and gloves.